Want to know my secret to making delicious Whole30 meals while keeping them simple? A variety of exciting Whole30 Sauces and Dips that don't suck! This includes recipes like Bang Bang Sauce, Big Mac Sauce, Chick Fil A Sauce, and Creamy Jalapeno Sauce. All are Whole30 and Keto friendly, but you'd never guess it!
How to make Whole30 Sauces
These sauces are the easiest to make. Some of these recipes can be made simply by stirring the ingredients together, like the Chick Fil A Sauce and the Bang Bang Sauce, while the others can all be made with either a food processor, a blender, or an immersion blender.
Meals to make with these Whole30 & Keto sauces and dips
Dairy Free Cheese Sauce is perfect drizzled on top of my Whole30 Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, on my Whole30 Big Mac Salad, and on my Bacon Cheeseburger Nachos. Psst… if you'd like to try the nachos, you can DIY your own plantain/banana chips with this recipe! I would make the sour flavor.
Cilantro Avocado Aioli tastes great on eggs, any meat, poultry, or seafood, and as a dip for tostones and crudités. It's also so perfect on my Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
Bang Bang Sauce (Whole30 & Keto Copycat!) is a non-negotiable for my Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos and Bang Bang Pasta, but it's literally great on anything! I love using it as a dip for my Crispy Chicken Tenders.
Creamy Buffalo Sauce was originally created as a perfect pairing for my Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders, but it's a tasty sauce to coat chicken wings and meatballs as well. Be sure to have celery on hand!
Whole30 Ranch is perfect with raw veggies for a quick snack, to top chopped salads, and to drizzle on leftovers. You can use the spice blend to make my Ranch Mashed Cauliflower, and the dressing to make my Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole. Call me crazy, but I'd also love to dip these Instant Pot Artichokes in this Whole30 Ranch as well!
Big Mac Sauce (Whole30 & Keto Copycat!) is another non-negotiable sauce for one of my recipes. This time, it's a can't miss for the Whole30 and Keto Big Mac Salad and for my French Fried Onions! It's one of my all time favorite recipes.
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce can be used to top ground beef, shredded lettuce, and chopped tomatoes wrapped in one of my Plantain Tortillas, or drizzled on my Bacon Cheeseburger Nachos.
Chick Fil A Sauce (Whole30 & Keto Copycat!) is a must try. In my opinion, it's better than the original! I love using this as a dipping sauce for my Crispy Chicken Tenders, or as a sauce to top grilled chicken. It’s also a great dressing if you want to replace my Avocado Lime Dressing on my Chick Fil A Cobb Salad!
What can you substitute mayo with?
There are a variety of reasons you might want to avoid eating eggs. Whether you're following the AIP diet, you worry you may have a sensitivity, or you're feeling like you're overdoing the eggs (so easy to do on a Whole30 or Keto diet!), this is a decent egg-free mayo recipe you can try that is Whole30 friendly.
What can you substitute Whole30 ketchup with?
If you'd rather not purchase my favorite Whole30 ketchup, you can make this homemade recipe. It's my favorite as it's made without dates!
If you need an AIP ketchup or BBQ sauce option (but don't need it to be Whole30), you can purchase any of these bottles or make this recipe.
How to meal prep with these sauces
My favorite way to make Whole30 and Keto meal planning and prepping simple, is to keep my meals super simple. Each week I pick a few protein options, several veggie options, and then mix and match all week. Very rarely do I actually assign a real recipe to individual days of the week!
When working with the same ingredients day after day, things can get boring, so I mix up the flavor profiles by adding spice blends and sauces. This keeps it interesting, adds nutrient diversity, and easily customizes the meal for each family member's preference.
Sign up below to get emailed my free 14 day meal plan that features these 8 sauce recipes. It's the easiest meal plan you'll ever try (with the least amount of prep time required)!
Here's how this Whole30 meal plan works.
Each week you'll:
- Choose 3-4 proteins. The meal plan linked above includes a list of suggested proteins.
- You can cook a couple pounds of 1-2 protein sources on the weekend to use throughout the week when you're short on time and/or energy. If you do, keep the seasoning to just sea salt and pepper. You'll customize the seasonings later once you're ready to serve.
- Choose 5-7 vegetables. The meal plan linked above includes a list of suggested vegetables.
- Make a large chopped salad with fresh herbs and hardboiled eggs, and pop into tupperware for grab and go meal.
- Any starchy veggie can be prepped ahead of time (ex. on the weekend), and the rest can quickly be prepared before a meal. There is nothing worse than a soggy, reheated vegetable IMO.
- Make at least 2-3 of the sauces linked in this post in advance. Use these sauces to dress up your meals, to make leftovers feel “new”, and to dip crudités throughout the week for snacks.
When you follow my meal planning process, you're able to cook once, eat 2+ times without feeling like you're eating leftovers even once!
One day you might have grilled chicken and sweet potato with Cilantro Avocado Aioli, and the next day you could completely switch up the same grilled chicken and sweet potato combo by topping them with my Bang Bang Sauce!
How to store these sauces
You should store all of these sauces in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you freeze any of these Whole30 sauces?
You can freeze the Dairy Free Cheese Sauce, Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, Cilantro Avocado Aioli, and Whole30 Ranch, but you will not have success freezing the mayo-based sauces and dips. Mayo looks fine in the frozen state, but the emulsion will break when it thaws.
You will likely need to re-blend the Cilantro Avocado Aioli and Creamy Jalapeno Sauce after thawing. The Ranch Dressing and Cheese Sauce might need to be heated and then re-blended in order for the finished product to be a desirable consistency.
These should last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Favorite recipes featuring these sauces:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole (dairy free Cheese Sauce)
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Casserole (Ranch Dressing)
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos (Bang Bang Sauce)
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta (Bang Bang Sauce)
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Creamy Buffalo Sauce)
- Big Mac Salad (Big Mac Sauce)
8 Whole30 and Keto Sauces and Dips (that don't suck!)
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, Whole30 compliant
- 2 Tbsp ketchup, Whole30 compliant
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp hot sauce, Franks is Whole30 compliant
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Whisk together the ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in a sealed container for up to a month.
Creamy Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, only the Original is Whole30 compliant
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, this one is Whole30 approved
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Big Mac Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, this one is Whole30 compliant
- 4 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp diced pickles or relish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar free sweetener of choice, Swerve, erythritol, or monkfruit (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until the mayonnaise is entirely incorporated and smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
Chick Fil A Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise , this one is Whole30 compliant
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup barbeque Sauce , this one is Whole30 compliant
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a month.
Leave a Reply