This recipe for Whole30 Chicken Salad is an easy make-ahead meal idea. It’s so versatile! Use Primal Kitchen mayo for a Whole30 and Paleo friendly variation, or make it with my avocado mayo (aka ‘no mayo’) for an AIP version. Regardless of how you make it, this recipe is also low carb and keto friendly. Make it with lettuce wraps or these quick 1-ingredient Sweet Potato Buns!
- 4 cups (about 3 pounds) cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ¼” pieces
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced (about 4–5 green onions)
- ¼ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped into ¼ in pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- ¼ cup apple, chopped into ¼ in pieces (omit for low carb or keto)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, I prefer Primal Kitchen for a Whole30 option (substitute with one of these egg-free mayonnaise, or my Cilantro Lime Mayo for the AIP diet)
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, radishes, cucumber, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sea salt to taste. Add to the chicken mixture and stir gently with a rubber spatula until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, or in a chicken salad sandwich with sweet potato buns.
- Category: Salad, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole30 chicken salad, paleo chicken salad