- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsulfured, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup organic tigernuts, whole or sliced
- 1/8–1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 servings Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Chop apricots, pineapple, and tigernuts into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, collagen, apricots, pineapple, and tigernuts.
- Add maple syrup (1/8 -1/4 cup depending on personal preference), cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and sea salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until the coconut and fruit are well coated.
- Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for about 13-15 minutes, stirring after about 7 minutes of baking time. Remove from oven when the coconut flakes are golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet. The coconut flakes will crisp and form larger clumps as they cool.
- Enjoy as a handful of granola, or in a bowl with coconut milk and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
Great Lakes brand collagen can be substituted for the Vital Proteins brand. For Great Lakes, use 1/4 cup.
- Serving Size: