These Mashed Cauliflower AIP Breakfast Bowls are a perfect Whole30, low carb, and AIP breakfast recipe. It’s a healthy AIP and gluten-free recipe, that is easy and has tons of flavor. This simple recipe is a great meal prep meal for an on the go AIP or Whole30 breakfast.
- 1/2 batch of my Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups whole baby portobello mushrooms (or one 6 oz package)
- 4 cups fresh greens (I love using arugula)
- 6–8 slices of bacon
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (you can also swap for 3 Tbsp bone broth or 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I suggest reserving some grease from the bacon, but you can also use ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- coarse sea salt (for finishing)
For the Mushrooms
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium low heat.
- Slice mushrooms in half and add to sauté pan. Cook slowly over low heat for the flavors to fully develop.
- When the mushrooms are well cooked, pour in the Coconut Aminos to deglaze the pan and develop a caramelization on the outside of the mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with a bit of coarse sea salt while the glaze is still wet.
For the Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay bacon on a rimmed, parchment lined baking sheet. Cook until crisp, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove bacon from cooking sheet and set aside to cool on a paper towel. This will absorb extra grease. Reserve the grease left on the baking sheet and store in an airtight jar in the fridge to use for cooking.
- Once bacon has cooled, rough chop and store until use.
- Divide ingredients along with 1/2 a batch of my Ranch Mashed Cauliflower among 2 bowls, and drizzle with olive or avocado oil. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- These ingredients can be prepped the day before and reheated for a quick breakfast bowl, or eaten straight from the fridge.