Ready for an easy, versatile recipe that will reduce inflammation, soothe your gut, and detox your body? This Golden Turmeric Paste does it all! It pairs perfectly with sweet or savory dishes, especially golden milk. In fact, this paste is so amazing for turmeric lattes that it should almost be called Golden Milk Paste! But you can use it for almost every dish for an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant boost.
What is Turmeric Paste?
Turmeric paste is the quickest and easiest way to get some delicious, anti-inflammatory turmeric in your life! I mixed warming, healing spices with gut-friendly coconut oil to create a paste that you can add as a savory touch to any dish or–my personal favorite– warm coconut milk and coffee as a latte.
What are the benefits of Golden Paste?
This Golden Paste adds a serious anti-inflammatory kick to any dish. Made primarily with turmeric, Golden Paste is high in curcuminoids, a compound that has been praised in Ayurvedic and Chinese traditions for its anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antioxidant powers. Turmeric can also lower blood pressure, improve insulin sensitivity, and reduce oxidative stress.
Why Golden Paste instead of just turmeric? That’s because these ingredients all play well together. Black pepper, while not strictly required, can increase the bioavailability (in other words, how well your body absorbs and uses it) of turmeric up to 2000%. Stomach-soothing ginger and blood sugar-stabilizing cinnamon join the party for the ultimate healthy treat. Coconut oil acts as a binding base and also helps the turmeric absorb into your bloodstream more quickly.
How do I make this Golden Milk Turmeric Paste?
This Turmeric Paste is:
- easy to make,
- comes together in minutes,
- and can be stored in the fridge for a while!
Simply melt your coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, then add your spices. Whisk until everything is well incorporated, then add your water to thin slightly. Your paste should be very thick, not runny. Allow to cool slightly before scooping into an airtight glass jar or container.
This Golden Milk Turmeric Paste can be stored in an airtight glass container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator, or longer if kept in the back (where the air is colder.)
How do I use Turmeric Paste?
The best part about this Golden Paste–it’s super versatile! It pairs well with savory dishes and brightens sweet desserts, too. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Golden Paste:
- Mix with a little water for a turmeric shot
- Mix with honey for an after-dinner sweet treat
- Add to milk for your nightly warm drink (just swap the coffee for hot water or decaf)
- Mix with coconut oil for a healthy fat bomb (this helps the turmeric absorb into bloodstream quicker!)
- Add into savory dishes and sides:
- Add to smoothies for an anti-inflammatory boost. Pairs especially well with a pumpkin pie smoothie!
- Add to hot water for a turmeric tea. Garnish with lemon!
How much do I use?
Turmeric is so powerful, especially when paired with the other ingredients in this Golden Turmeric Paste, that you only need a little bit! A single serving is about 1-1/2 teaspoons. You can add up to 2-3 teaspoons if using in dishes, but be careful not to overwhelm your meal.
Get the recipe for this Golden Paste below, along with a simple recipe for a Golden Milk Latte!
Other recipes you'll love:
Golden Turmeric Paste
- 4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, omit for AIP
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, omit for AIP
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Mix all spices in a bowl and stir. Add hot water and melted coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 months.
Golden Milk Latte
- Heat 1 cup of canned coconut milk in a mug.
- Add 1 ½ tsp Golden Turmeric Paste to the coconut milk, and sweeten to taste with honey (optional).