This Golden Turmeric Coffee is the upgraded answer to an ancient Ayurvedic tradition! Coffee, coconut milk, and warming spices mix for an anti-inflammatory beverage that’s perfect night or day, iced or hot! This recipe is low sugar, low carb, and Keto. It’s also Paleo and vegan and can be made caffeine free and AIP compliant with an easy swap.
What is a Golden Turmeric Coffee?
It’s the best version of a pick-me-up beverage you can get! This Golden Turmeric Coffee is a caffeinated twist on a beloved classic–golden milk (and golden milk’s popular big sister, the golden milk latte!)
I’ve combined warming, anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon with espresso and full-fat coconut milk for the ultimate healing beverage. You’ll want to make this daily! Keep it warm for the colder months and pour over ice once summer rolls around.
How to Make Golden Turmeric Coffee
First, be sure you have brewed coffee on hand. To make this recipe caffeine free or Autoimmune Protocol compliant, replace coffee with strong brewed dandelion root tea. I highly recommend using Golden Turmeric Paste for this recipe, but you can also simply add your spices separately.
- Start by warming up your coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally so it won’t stick to your saucepan as it heats.
- Stir in your honey, if using, then your coffee or dandelion root tea.
- If using Golden Turmeric Paste, simply stir in and give a quick whisk to incorporate!
- If you don’t have the paste on hand, you can add in your turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper (omit for AIP) and whisk well. The spices should mix in well, but if it looks grainy, allow the mixture to cool before blending in a high-powered blender for a minute or so.
You can double or triple this recipe and keep in the fridge in airtight jars for a few days, being sure to whisk again after re-heating. I recommend making this Golden Turmeric Coffee as part of your morning or nightly ritual.
The Benefits of this Golden Turmeric Coffee
Besides that amazing pick-me-up from the caffeine, this Golden Turmeric Coffee has a lot of benefits! This is a truly healthy beverage and is so easy to make–don’t fall for coffee shop turmeric lattes or golden milk drink mixes. By making your own at home, you save money and have control over your ingredients. Let’s review some of the wholesome ingredients in this Golden Turmeric Coffee:
One of my favorite additions to a healing diet, turmeric boasts a ton of health benefits. It’s been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for thousands of years for its anti-inflammatory benefits. The active compound in turmeric, curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant that can reduce blood pressure, fight cancer-causing free radicals, and soothe internal inflammation.
Espresso or Dandelion Root Tea
I’m a coffee lover. Sure, it’s not for everyone–make sure your adrenals and hormones can handle it before you go downing some java. But coffee is actually good for you in moderate amounts, linked to improved insulin sensitivity and neuroprotective benefits. Choose organic whenever possible!
Not down for caffeine? No problem! If you can’t handle coffee or you’re following the AIP diet, sub the coffee for roasted dandelion root tea. This tea is amazing for liver support and has a taste reminiscent of coffee.
Full-fat coconut milk–the kind from a can, that you have to shake–has a variety of benefits. It’s loaded with healthy fats to slow the absorption of caffeine into your bloodstream and keep your appetite and blood sugar stable. It also makes for a creamy latte like no other!
How To Enjoy Golden Turmeric Coffee Latte
You can enjoy this Golden Turmeric Coffee Latte in so many ways! I prefer it hot as part of my morning ritual, but here are some other ways to enjoy:
- Iced, as a mid-morning pick-me-up in the hot weather months.
- Caffeine-free, alongside a square (or two, or three!) of dark chocolate in the afternoon.
- Warm and sweetened with honey as a before bed tonic (psst–go the caffeine-free route if you’re consuming in the evening!)
- Blend in collagen peptides for additional gut-healing benefits and a little protein boost. I love adding in collagen before bed for the relaxation-promoting amino acids!
- Mix with adaptogenic mushrooms like cordyceps or lion’s mane to promote mental focus and natural energy.
Other recipes you’ll love:Print
This Golden Turmeric Coffee is surprisingly delicious! It’s full of fall flavor but can be enjoyed year round for an iced or hot anti-inflammatory beverage.
1 ½ tsp Golden Turmeric Paste
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
6 fluid ounces brewed coffee (use strong brewed dandelion root tea for AIP)
½ Tbsp honey (optional, omit for Whole30)
Heat and whisk together your coffee (or tea for AIP) and coconut milk.
Stir in the Golden Turmeric Paste. If you’re using the spice blend instead of the paste, you’ll likely need to add all the ingredients to a blender in order to combine.
Stir in optional ingredients like honey and collagen, and serve.
- Category: beverages
Keywords: Turmeric Coffee, Golden Coffee