This Big Mac Salad is about to blow you away! Reminiscent of the popular fast-food favorite, this Big Mac Salad is as healthy as they come. This easy low carb lunch is full of wholesome ingredients. It’s Keto (can be modified to be Whole30 and AIP), but tastes nostalgic and comforting!
Big Mac Sauce
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo (use this recipe for AIP)
- 4 tsp mustard (omit or use this for AIP)
- 2 tbsp diced pickles or relish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar free sweetener of choice like Swerve, erythritol, or monkfruit (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (omit for AIP)
Big Mac Salad
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ onion, cut in half and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (omit for Whole30 and AIP)
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles
- Brown your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP) as it browns. This should take about 6-8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Chop romaine and add to large bowls.
- Combine all your Big Mac Sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. The consistency should be that of a thick dressing. Omit the sweetener for Whole30, and omit the paprika and mustard for AIP (or use the alternative ingredients listed in the notes section).
- Toss together your lettuce, remaining pickles, ground beef, and onions.
- Top with cheddar cheese (omit for Whole30 and AIP or use the alternative cheese sauce listed in the notes section).
- Drizzle with your Big Mac Sauce.
Whole30 Modifications: Omit the sweetener and the cheese. You can drizzle your salad with the Cheese Sauces from this recipe.
AIP Modifications: Omit the cheese and the paprika. You can drizzle your salad with the Cheese Sauces from this recipe. Use an egg-free mayo like this one, and use this product instead of mustard or omit completely.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Main Dish
Keywords: big mac salad