Psst… wanna hear my secret to gluten free, grain free baking? Almond butter.
By removing the gluten protein from your baked goods, you're missing out on the component that is responsible for binding the ingredients together. Which is why many gluten free cookie recipes end up yeilding a crumbly little mess of a dessert.
So throw some nut butter into that mixing bowl, and lets make these cookies stick together, eh?
Almond Butter No'atmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (use palm shortening or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, bring together almond butter, butter or coconut oil. Slowly add in sugar until combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. 4. In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking soda, and shredded coconut.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Roll dough into 1” balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt and press gently into the top of the cookies.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes until golden brown and slightly flattened. Let cool on wire rack. 9. In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Dip the cookies 1/3 of the way into the melted chocolate, and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Let chocolate harden before serving.